Star Trek TOS Trivia Popup

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kenm

Star Trek TOS Trivia Popup

Post by kenm »

After encoding the Star Trek TOS enhanced Blu Ray I noticed there was a trivia popup that would come up randomly during each episode. These Blu Ray discs have multiple angles depending on whether you wish to watch the enhanced effects version of the episode or not. I encoded both angles and the trivia popup was there in both files. After searching a few different forums I could not find a solution. I finally stumbled on a solution to disable these popus. By default I have the Foreign Audio Scan set to "Forced Only" and "Burn In". Apparently these Trivia popups are considered Foreign Audio. Disabling this setting removed the popups.

I just wanted to post this to help anyone else that has this problem.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Star Trek TOS Trivia Popup

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Yep. Such things are often encoded as "subtitles". Since they are infrequent as compared to the normal subtitles, they can trip the algorithm HandBrake uses to pick "foreign audio" subtitles.

Might be worth adding a note about this to our documentation regarding foreign audio subtitle scan.