Handbrake frrezes when appearing to be near completion but has actually finished

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Just8Will

Handbrake frrezes when appearing to be near completion but has actually finished

Post by Just8Will »

Description of problem or question

The Handbrake Program freezes indefinitely once it gets close to finishing the encode. The Activity log seems to say the encode is finished but the GUI disagrees and freezes with some percentage (usually 0.3-0.4% for a feature length file) remaining. Investigating the output file shows that the encode has been completed successfully (in agreement with the log) but the GUI still thinks the encode is going on. Also the source file is not released by Handbrake so I cannot use it with other programs.

Below is a link to my small test file I used - I have tested this issue with multiple different files in a variety of formats and with various presets. It is consistent across all of these so I can't think that the file can be the issue but just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vquolq9faepy2 ... l.mp4?dl=0

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable)

It started happening recently but I don't know exactly what the cause was.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0)

Handbrake 1.0.7 or recent Nightly build, GUI or CLI. Have tried reinstalling all of these combinations.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.3 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update)

Windows 10 Creators Update

Error message text or screenshot (If Applicable)

N/A

Provide a URL from any image hosting site.

https://imgur.com/a/PRWj5

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/uzs8XqJC
BradleyS

Re: Handbrake frrezes when appearing to be near completion but has actually finished

Post by BradleyS »

Possibly a silent failure crashing the muxer. This may already be fixed; try the nightly build.
Just8Will

Re: Handbrake frrezes when appearing to be near completion but has actually finished

Post by Just8Will »

Just updated my Nightly build from Feb 27th to the one on the website today. No Change.
Just8Will

Post by Just8Will »

Has anyone got any idea why this happening? It breaks my automated processing scripts because it doesn't release the input file.
Just8Will

Post by Just8Will »

OK I made a mistake. This isn't happening in the CLI version. It's actually a purely graphical thing in the GUI versions. I hope this points towards a solution. It doesn't affect the actual production of files but it makes it look like the job has failed.