how do i convert to MPEG2 for my dvd player USB input

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ivorjohn

how do i convert to MPEG2 for my dvd player USB input

Post by ivorjohn »

I have some home videos in different formats that i want to play on my dvd player via the USB input. this will only accept MPEG2.

When i tried to convert a video i chose video codec MPEG2, but when it had converted it showed it as being MP4 which is no good to me.

Please can anyone help. i know a bit of how to do things but do need a firm nudge in the right direction haha

Thanks in advance

Code: Select all

[/i]
BradleyS

Re: how do i convert to MPEG2 for my dvd player USB input

Post by BradleyS »

There is a difference between MPEG-2 the video codec and the MPEG PS container. Basically, you can have MPEG-2 video in both MP4 and MPEG (.mpg or .mpeg) containers, as well as many others.

Anyway, HandBrake doesn’t do what you are asking. Given the prevalence of low cost media devices like Roku and Chromecast, we do not have intentions of supporting older media formats. Sorry.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

For what it is worth, if your device does not support "mp4" files, try renaming the file to use the extension "mpg". A lot of devices do not support file names ending in "m4v" or "mp4", but do accept the files themselves.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

One of, if not the last version to support mpeg-2 encoding was 0.10.3.
The quality of that codec wasn't noteworthy.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

musicvid wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 pm One of, if not the last version to support mpeg-2 encoding was 0.10.3.
The quality of that codec wasn't noteworthy.
Nope, was never removed here (at least as of 1.0.7).