Am I doing something wrong here?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Falloutboy

Am I doing something wrong here?

Post by Falloutboy »

For the first time I recently fiddled around with batch processing I setup everything correctly for my encode making the settings on the Picture tab With:720 Height:480 Turned off Keep Aspect ratio, set anamorphic to none, left cropping on automatic but the values in the boxes for cropping were all zeros.

I setup all the other tabs the way I wanted them and did an Add to batch-> Add All.

At this point I watched the first two files out of 110 process and verified that the results that I got in the output were correct.

When I came home later I had found that the queue was up to file 58 and went and had a look at the output directory to see how things were going.
My output directory is setup to show the video details beside the file name and at this point I noted that while the first 20 or so files were fine some of the files following them had odd widths. When I looked at the batch queue I found that Handbrake had automatically set some values for the Left and Right Cropping and set the Framewidth to 720-(Left+Right) values resulting in some very odd file widths.

I presume that this is my fault and a big trap for young players - ensure that when you are batch encoding you set the value to custom and all four fields for cropping to zero, I suppose you only have to do it once - or is this some bug that no one has found yet?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Am I doing something wrong here?

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

It’s usually a good idea to save a new preset to use for multiple jobs.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Batch encodes use what's set in the preset for every file in the batch, not one-off adjustments you make to one or two files.

If the preset include autocrop, or some other specific cropping, that's what every file in the batch will get.