Drag and drop little GUI glitch

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bellocarico

Drag and drop little GUI glitch

Post by bellocarico »

Description of problem or question
I have noticed that when processing multiple files doing drag and drop the destination folder do not change automatically.

given the 2 files:

C:\folder1\file1
C:\folder2\file2

Say I drag and drop file1 on Handbrake, the destination folder will automatically be folder1. However if at this point if I drag and drop file2 from folder2 the destination in Handbrake will remain folder1. This is unwanted as far as I'm concerned as you would expect the output file to be next to the original (with the -1 trailer on the filename e.g. C:\folder2\file2-1)

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable)
Just process one file from one folder and drag and drop another file on Handbrake from a different folder.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0)
Latest 1.0.7

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.3 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update)
Windows 10 x64

Error message text or screenshot (If Applicable)
No error just the destination folder not set properly

Provide a URL from any image hosting site.

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Use any pastebin website and provide the URL it generates
- or -

Code: Select all

Paste log text between these markers.
[code][/i]
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Drag and drop little GUI glitch

Post by s55 »

This is the expected default behaviour. You may be able to get closer to what you want by changing the auto-name options in preferences. Tooltip over the path/format for options
bellocarico

Re: Drag and drop little GUI glitch

Post by bellocarico »

s55 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 am This is the expected default behaviour. You may be able to get closer to what you want by changing the auto-name options in preferences. Tooltip over the path/format for options
I have now added {source_path} in the Default Path and it performs exactly as I wanted.
Many thanks!