Question: Handbrake that will work on Windows XP / 7

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
choppergirl
New User

Question: Handbrake that will work on Windows XP / 7

Post by choppergirl »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

Can someone tell me an older version of Handbrake that will work under sane operating systems that are not crap, like Windows XP or Windows 7 without SP1?

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.

Windows 7 without SP1

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Handbrake needs to install Net 4.6 - Net blocking error

I can not find links to download older versions of Handbrake... or anything that points to the latest version that would work with these other operating systems.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Question: Handbrake that will work on Windows XP / 7

Post by Woodstock »

The versions you are looking for will not be in "binary" form, because they include code which cannot be distributed except in source form.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Question: Handbrake that will work on Windows XP / 7

Post by s55 »

.NET 4.6 is available for Windows 7, so you should use the latest version for it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=49981
(Offline installers available too if you google)

0.9.9 is actually still available for XP on the Old Releases download page. Although obviously it's not supported and you won't get any of the literally hundreds of bug fixes improvements since then. In other words, I'd try to stick to your W7 PC and avoid using XP for encoding.