Is there any way to darken video?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
moroboshi

Is there any way to darken video?

Post by moroboshi »

I have some videos which are rather over exposed. They're not clipping, so there's room to darken them a little to make them look more natural.

Is there any way to do this within handbrake?

I'm using Handbrake 1.0.7 on Windows 10. No activity log as I haven't encoded anything yet, just poked around at the settings!

Thanks all.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Is there any way to darken video?

Post by mduell »

No.
moroboshi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pmNo activity log as I haven't encoded anything yet
Fallacious logic.
moroboshi

Post by moroboshi »

mduell wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 pm No.
moroboshi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pmNo activity log as I haven't encoded anything yet
Fallacious logic.
Charming.

All I did was ask a question in a civil, polite way, and you responded with ridicule and rudeness. Please refrain from ever "helping" me again.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

No way to adjust exposure/brightness/contrast currently. It's something I've considered implementing for the future if other developers agree. Generally speaking, what you want is a video editor; HandBrake is a post-production tool for final encoding.
moroboshi

Post by moroboshi »

BradleyS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 am No way to adjust exposure/brightness/contrast currently. It's something I've considered implementing for the future if other developers agree. Generally speaking, what you want is a video editor; HandBrake is a post-production tool for final encoding.
Thanks. It would be a nice feature to have, and needn't be in depth. Video editors are complex beasts and probably beyond the budget and needs of many, especially if the only edits required are very minor.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

Indeed, I would consider such a feature more inline with restoration, as is NLMeans and others I've worked on.