Handbrake doesn't work properly with lastest Wacom Drivers loaded

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
TRS80
New User

Handbrake doesn't work properly with lastest Wacom Drivers loaded

Post by TRS80 »

FYI....

While running Windows 7 Pro (all updates current as of 7/5/17), Handbrake 1.07 and latest Wacom Tablet Driver 6.3.22-6, Handbrake does not appear to launch when clicked. But the program can be seen listed among the running processes -- as though it is running, but the GUI does not show on the screen.

If I unplug my Wacom tablet PTH-451 from its USB port and launch Handbrake, Handbrake loads and runs properly. If I insert the USB plug from the tablet while Handbrake is running, Handbrake crashes and so does the Wacom tablet driver. Took a while to discover why Handbrake was not running properly.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Handbrake doesn't work properly with lastest Wacom Drivers loaded

Post by s55 »

Not likely a HandBrake issue, but something wrong with the Graphics stack on your machine. My hunch would be something is breaking the DirectX, OpenCL or hardware detection API's we call.

You could try a nightly as we recently removed quite a bit of GPU functionality around OpenCL/DXVA.

Otherwise, your only solution I guess is to unplug the tablet as there won't be much we can do about this.
yocdub

Post by yocdub »

I'm having the same issue. Wacom desktop center open up with a black screen. If I unplug my Cintiq from the computer via it's usb the app opens fine. What is causing this?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Have you spoken with the vendor to ask them what's causing it?

It would be interesting to see if older unpatched windows releases are affected. If they arn't then I still suspect it's the same issue with the recent windows updates around the time W10 Creators was released. Regardless, looks like they are not in any rush to fix it despite it affecting numerous apps.
mputtr

Post by mputtr »

Just found out about this too. I unplugged the tablet, started up handbrake. then plugged it back in. I got 2 error messages instantly.
Hopefully this will help the dev team figure out what is causing the conflict?

Code: Select all

An Unknown Error has occured.
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error in the DLL (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401F9 (CO_E_ERRORINDLL))
   at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreatePimcManager()
   at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateResetEvent(IntPtr& handle)
   at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadPool.GetPenThreadForPenContextHelper(PenContext penContext)
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispTabletDeviceCollection.UpdateTabletsImpl()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispTabletDeviceCollection.UpdateTablets()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispLogic.OnDeviceChange()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispLogic.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.SystemResources.InvalidateTabletDevices(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.SystemResources.SystemThemeFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »