Easiest way to encode multiple versions of the same movies?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
davebit

Easiest way to encode multiple versions of the same movies?

Post by davebit »

I have a bunch of iso files ripped from my DVD movies that I want to encode into different formats (lower quality/size for smaller devices and higher quality for larger devices), but I'm not seeing that queuing them up means each one will be encoded with the Preset selected at the time each was added to the queue.

If I look at the queue, it just shows each movie's Title, Chapters, Source, and Destination, and clicking each one's "folded corner paper" just shows a pop-up asking if I want to edit the job which will remove it from the queue...

So right now it looks like if I select a bunch of jobs at different presets, it'll encode them all at the last-selected preset. What will actually happen?

Using WIndows 7 Handbrake 1.0.1 64-bit
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Easiest way to encode multiple versions of the same movies?

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, the saved version of the last preset selected will be used when adding multiple files to the queue. Just run the queue and that's what you'll get.

If you add a title to the queue, then select another preset, if you click add again, you'll add another job with the new settings. If you don't change the output file name or path, though, you'll be warned about overwriting a previous job.
davebit

Post by davebit »

Is there any way to see the settings of each task in the queue? So far the only difference I can see is the title.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Spending a few minutes learning and scripting the CLI will get you a much better solution than continuing to [Censored] around with the hopeless angry spaghetti GUI.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

The spaghetti is only angry at mduell.