Retrive FFmpeg command line used from version 1.0.7

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mrevilwayz

Retrive FFmpeg command line used from version 1.0.7

Post by mrevilwayz »

In the previous version of Handbrake (before the 1.0 release), via the activity log, I was able to copy the ffmpeg command line used. Is their a way to get that same command line using this new version? I cant seem to find it in the activiy log.

Environment.
Windows 10 - 64bit, HandBrake 1.0.7
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Retrive FFmpeg command line used from version 1.0.7

Post by mduell »

HB has never used the ffmpeg command line.

The HB GUI no longer uses the HB CLI on Windows, so the string for the HB CLI is not generated.

You can import GUI presets in the CLI now, so you can use that if you're incapable of following the CLI documentation.
Last edited by mduell on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It was a HandBrakeCLI command -- HandBrake doesn't use ffmpeg.

The latest version of the HandBrake graphical interface no longer uses HandBrakeCLI (instead, it uses libhb directly), so it no longer constructs a command for it.
mrevilwayz

Post by mrevilwayz »

My apologies, i use DropFolders (http://ctl.du.edu/staff/josephlabrecque/DropFolders/) to process my mp4 files into mobile version mp4s (640x360) and in the instructions the developer pulls the arguments from the Handbrake activity log. I'm guessing their is no way to translate that log back into a command line i can use? I'll stick with older version to use get the command line for now.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

mrevilwayz wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pmI'm guessing their is no way to translate that log back into a command line i can use?
There is -- read the CLI documentation and pick the options that match what you want.

Or create a preset in the GUI that does what you want and reference that preset in your CLI command.