Handbrake won't open - Afterburner/rivatuner uninstalled

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
wingmongyee

Handbrake won't open - Afterburner/rivatuner uninstalled

Post by wingmongyee »

I'm on Win 7 64 bits.

Since I last used Handbrake (it was working), I indeed installed MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner.

Today, I discovered Handbrake would not open. I reinstalled the latest version of it and still did not open.

I found the sticky on this forum about MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner. I uninstalled both these programs, rebooted, etc. and it didn't help.

I also have a EVGA Precision X program that is similar to MSI Afterburner, so I uninstalled this one too thinking it might have something to do with the problem, but this didn't help either.

I have all the NET framework updates, etc. I'm at a loss as to what the problem can be. Anyone has any suggestion? It's a real bummer. I didn't use Handbrake for a few months, but before that I used it all the times. It's one of my essential programs.

Thanks.
dsc

Re: Handbrake won't open - Afterburner/rivatuner uninstalled

Post by dsc »

Hi -

After a lot of surfing and investigation I managed to resolve this. There was an update to .NET to 4.7 on June 14th.

I uninstalled .NET 4.7 and reinstalled 4.62 - and then it worked...

This issue didn't affect my Windows 8 box which also went to .NET 4.7 - only Win7.

Hope this solves the issue for you as well.

Regards.
wingmongyee

Re: Handbrake won't open - Afterburner/rivatuner uninstalled

Post by wingmongyee »

Brilliant! It worked!
Thank you so much.

Cheers.