QuickSync Issue.... Please help me~!! <3 ODD quirk...

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
craigsnepa
New User

QuickSync Issue.... Please help me~!! <3 ODD quirk...

Post by craigsnepa »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
OK, I have a clean install of handbrake here, and quicksync only seems to work with 0.10.5 Version... I tried the latest build, and slowly went backwards until I found this version that actually works. The INTEL QSV option is there on all versions as an option to choose, but with any version newer than 0.10.5, it will only use the CPU as the encoder, and CPU usage goes to 100% and the FPS is at like say 100FPS, versus 300FPS with Quicksync running on the older version.... I used the exact same settings across all versions I have tried.....
Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.
0.10.5 is the only version that is properly using quicksync... Windows 10 PRO 64bit.
If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
No Error... just that CPU usage when using quicksync encoding is only 10-15% when working (only with 0.10.5)
Please include the scan or encode log:

Code: Select all

Paste a log of the scan or encode between these code brackets, or use a pastebin website and provide us with the URL it gives you. 
 Logs are required for all support requests.

Any info or help would be appreciated?
BradleyS

Re: QuickSync Issue.... Please help me~!! <3 ODD quirk...

Post by BradleyS »

We definitely need an activity log, please see: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/help ... y-log.html
iandrews

Post by iandrews »

I've just posted a similar question. I noticed that version 0.10 would run at about 200 FPS, while the latest (1.0.7) only runs at about 70 FPS. CPU use with 1.0.7 goes up to about 95% (not sure what it is with 0.10 as didn't look). I think it is still using the Quick Sync as doing a standard H264 conversion runs at about 30FPS, and also looking at a CPU monitor show the GPU using about 4 Watts during a Quick sync conversion where as it's hardly anything doing a standard conversion.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

HandBrake 0.10.5 QSV has zero-copy, which means it can perform some operations without copying data to and from memory (faster). HandBrake 1.0.x QSV doesn't have this feature yet. It may return in the future, 1.1.0 or later.

The short reason why is, QSV in 0.10.5 was hacked-in a bit. 1.0.x uses more of the proper support built into Libav and is much more robust. Unfortunately, this meant we couldn't have zero-copy re-implemented and ready for 1.0.x.