Help with batching mkv's with multiple sub channels

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Hibbs
New User

Help with batching mkv's with multiple sub channels

Post by Hibbs »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
I don't seem to be able to set defaults for subtitle processing when compressing mkv files from 1080p to 720p. Two subtitle channels are present, I want only the second. I don't understand the foreign audio scan entry. How do I select the second subtitle channel and have it remain selected for all files in a batch run as default? I have tried loading the batch and choosing the second subtitle for each video manually but rechecking shows they are set to default foreign scan. What am I missing?
Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.
OS is Win7
If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
No errors
Please include the scan or encode log:

Code: Select all

Paste a log of the scan or encode between these code brackets, or use a pastebin website and provide us with the URL it gives you. 
 Logs are required for all support requests.
BradleyS

Re: Help with batching mkv's with multiple sub channels

Post by BradleyS »

You must use the configure subtitle defaults dialog and then save a new custom preset. Then you can use your preset for the batch.