"Error or Cancellation Detected"

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Mr4

"Error or Cancellation Detected"

Post by Mr4 »

So, apologies if any formatting, or anything else about this asking/question, is wrong... Just made an account to come try and get help, so I'm not 100% familiar with everything...

In the pastebin below is my most recent log I did on a 11 second video (just to test) if the newest Handbrake version fixed this problem I was having... It didn't... Now, I'm not exactly sure what this is doing, but after any / every encode, on the bottom of Handbrake (and this happened in the newest version, I just downloaded it and tested like I said, and the most recent version before that) I always got "queue finished with [number of encode] errors or cancellations detected"

I use "custom" settings, and I'm not exactly sure what this is doing because my videos still come out looking okay, and they are still being encoded... But I'm wondering what this means, and what it could potentially be doing to my videos that is going un=noticed...

https://pastebin.com/TT0vvW6f
Mr4

Re: "Error or Cancellation Detected"

Post by Mr4 »

...Anything?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

You mean like:
[mp4 @ 000002afd4a59980] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 569135 >= 569135
There seems to be an issue with the audio source track on this particular video. That's often an issue with video recorded from over-the-air sources, but there can be other causes.

There have been some fixes for similar issues put into the nightly builds, to make them more tolerant of such things; Have you tried the nightly build yet? https://handbrake.fr/nightly.php
Mr4

Post by Mr4 »

I have not tried nightly mode, and this issue happens every time I use Handbrake, no matter what the video...
Mr4

Post by Mr4 »

Anybody else?
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

Please don't bump your own threads.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »