Problem with crop/resize with custom presets

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Toccatta

Problem with crop/resize with custom presets

Post by Toccatta »

I'm having difficulty getting multiple jobs to process correctly after attempting to set up a custom preset. I'm currently running version 1.07 (2017040900) - 64 bit on Windows 7. A copy of my activity log can be found here: https://pastebin.com/GBvDpWsC

The problem is this: I'm trying to convert a blu-ray video to standard DVD resolution, and since the blu-ray is of a full-screen show, it automatically crops 220 pixels from each side. It then resizes the resulting 1480 x 1080 image down to 640x480, which is exactly what I want it to do. This is reflected in the activity log.

However... when I select the NEXT title in the list in order to configure it in the queue, the width and height aren't being calculated correctly (I set up the maximum height and width in the custom profile). It seems as if instead of cropping THEN resizing, it's attempting to first resize and then crop, as the default size appears as 200x480, forcing me to manually set it back to 640x480 each time I switch titles. The 200 width is most easily explained if it first converts the 1920x1080 to 640x480 and THEN attempts to crop 220 from each side (or maybe it's just a coincidence, although I highly doubt it). Using the "keep aspect ratio" checkbox isn't an acceptable solution for two reasons: first, even if it correctly determined the 640 width, it calculates the height as 468, which isn't what I want. But more importantly, it DOESN'T correctly determine the 640 width; using that checkbox causes it to calculate 200 width and a height of 146 (YUCK).

When I set up the custom profile, I first configured the initial episode exactly the way that I wanted it, and then clicked the "add" icon, gave the preset a name, and set the custom save picture size to 640x480.

Did I do something very wrong, like incorrectly setting up the profile, or is there something else I need to do to get the profile which is ostensibly configured at 640x480 to ACTUALLY default to that size?
BradleyS

Re: Problem with crop/resize with custom presets

Post by BradleyS »

Hard to say. It looks like your pastebin has expired.

You can set the cropping and output size manually when saving a preset. When selecting another title to encode, you must then select the preset again.