HOW TO MANUALLY SYNC AUDIO VIDEO

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
PFHappy

HOW TO MANUALLY SYNC AUDIO VIDEO

Post by PFHappy »

I have been manually "shifting" the audio in Avidemux for some of my videos. It has worked well up till now and I would like to be able to do the same using Handbrake. (Avidemux does not work well with my new Win 7 Professional OS for some reason.) I am relatively new to Handbrake but get the gist of most of the operations as they are similar to the Avidemux program. The problem is that after achieving a perfect sync with whatever program I have used, after I burn the DVD using Nero, it "shifts" in a small way from the original and it's a very slight bit out of sync. It's annoying and I notice it. It happened with all the previous videos I have synced and I was happy with the result by doing this "minus" shift to compensate. I have 100 VCR tapes to go and I've got to solve this problem. I think I will have to compensate and shift the audio minus 4 to minus 10 units somehow.

I have a Lenovo desktop PC with Win 7 Professional 64 bit. I downloaded and installed Handbrake 1.30 - x86 _ 64 I just installed a brand new hard drive which is all working fine - no viruses, etc.

I don't have any error messages - I just need information on how to achieve this time shift manually. I am not a total newbie, and I believe there are many "presets" in the Handbrake program. I would just need to know how to achieve this. Thank you.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: HOW TO MANUALLY SYNC AUDIO VIDEO

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake does not have a function for offsetting audio tracks, sorry.