Preview in taskbar

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
asilentnoize

Preview in taskbar

Post by asilentnoize »

I have noticed on the past 2 updates (1.0.2 & 1.0.3), since Handbrake changed the look of the preview window, multiple windows show under the icon on Windows taskbar. I have my taskbar set to group multiple windows of the same item under 1 icon and show me a preview. When you mouseover the icon, you can see where there are a lot of Handbrake preview windows there. Luckily I only have to click exit on 1 of them and all will go away. Is this a known bug or intended to be this way?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Preview in taskbar

Post by Woodstock »

It's an issue with Windows and VLC most likely - VLC does not always clean up its task icons when it exits abnormally.
asilentnoize

Re: Preview in taskbar

Post by asilentnoize »

I went back to see exactly what I was doing to produce this issue. When trying to line up subtitles, I would preview, close VLC, click on the main handbrake window, edit the offset for subtitles and then clicked preview again. Since I never closed the original preview window, handbrake opens another one. Previous to 1.0.2, if the preview window was open, it would just bring that window back to the top instead of opening another one. To me I take this as a bug, just wondering if it is or if it is they way they intended it to be.