Queue Finished with errors

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
AntMadeira

Queue Finished with errors

Post by AntMadeira »

Hi there.

Since I updated to version 1.0.3, I get this message everytime Handbrake finishes a rip.

Also, the queue window, shows this:

But the rip is fine and I don't see/hear any problems with it.

Here's the log of the last rip I did:
https://mega.nz/#!mUU1GLgb!dUyjhd68dM32 ... S_u6NjNID8

What might be the problem here?

Regards.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Queue Finished with errors

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Code: Select all

[mp4 @ 0000000029606a20] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 153612463 >= 153612463
It's a glitch in the mp3 encoder. For some reason, the mp3 encoder gives us an extra frame at the end of the encode that has the exact same timestamp as the previous frame. It only does this on windows. Works fine on linux.
AntMadeira

Post by AntMadeira »

Thanks for your reply, John.

So, is this a known issue in Handbrake 1.0.3?
If so, can I ignore it until a workaround is available?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

AntMadeira wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 am If so, can I ignore it until a workaround is available?
This error causes the muxer to exit with an error. The muxer will correctly finalize and close the file, so the file is valid. But if there are additional frames in other tracks that follow the last frame of the audio, those frames will be lost. So in practice, you would have about a 50% chance of loosing the final frame of video.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

JohnAStebbins wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pmloosing
Nooooooooooo :(

:)
AntMadeira

Post by AntMadeira »

Thanks for the explanation.
Anyway, I still don't know if this is a Handbrake problem or user side... :roll:
And if it's user side, what can I do to avoid it?

JohnAStebbins wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm This error causes the muxer to exit with an error. The muxer will correctly finalize and close the file, so the file is valid. But if there are additional frames in other tracks that follow the last frame of the audio, those frames will be lost. So in practice, you would have about a 50% chance of loosing the final frame of video.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

JohnAStebbins wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm
AntMadeira wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 am If so, can I ignore it until a workaround is available?
This error causes the muxer to exit with an error. The muxer will correctly finalize and close the file, so the file is valid. But if there are additional frames in other tracks that follow the last frame of the audio, those frames will be lost. So in practice, you would have about a 50% chance of loosing the final frame of video.
Hi John - You seem to be a Handbrake guru. I need someone to give me a rudimentary understanding of how the same Picture, Audio, and Subtitle settings can be applied to multiple titles on the same DVD that I am trying to rip in the Queue function without having to input those settings manually each time. In my experience, only the first title in the queue holds the settings while the other 3 or 4 titles simply revert to the system defaults. I have managed to obtain the desired results by editing the settings on each title individually and then adding them manually (and individually) to the queue; however, this cannot be the only way. I have made a preset, but even that does not hold the Picture settings. I realize this is a bit off-topic to this discussion, but no one will approve this as a new topic for some reason. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. It is really just a matter of having someone tell me if (and how) one can load multiple titles from the same DVD and apply the same rip settings to each title without having to do it manually. Thank you in advance! --Ryan
crimmel

Post by crimmel »

I am getting the same error. Hopefully they can fix this soon.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

crimmel wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 pm I am getting the same error. Hopefully they can fix this soon.
Can you please post your log.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

woodr2011 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 pm
JohnAStebbins wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm
Hi John - You seem to be a Handbrake guru. I need someone to give me a rudimentary understanding of how the same Picture, Audio, and Subtitle settings can be applied to multiple titles on the same DVD that I am trying to rip in the Queue function without having to input those settings manually each time. In my experience, only the first title in the queue holds the settings while the other 3 or 4 titles simply revert to the system defaults. I have managed to obtain the desired results by editing the settings on each title individually and then adding them manually (and individually) to the queue; however, this cannot be the only way. I have made a preset, but even that does not hold the Picture settings. I realize this is a bit off-topic to this discussion, but no one will approve this as a new topic for some reason. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. It is really just a matter of having someone tell me if (and how) one can load multiple titles from the same DVD and apply the same rip settings to each title without having to do it manually. Thank you in advance! --Ryan
Save your desired settings in a preset. Apply the preset to each title.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

Hi - Thank you for replying. I find that if I create a preset with the desired Picture values (ex: 720*480), HB will only hold those settings for the first title. The others will change to something like 708*390, which leaves me having to change it manually on each title before adding it to the queue. I wish there was either a popup or a box that would allow the user to "Apply Settings to All Titles in the Queue."
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Then you've either told it to not store picture settings, or you've still got auto-crop enabled which could lead to small variations between sources. Also you should note that aspect ration can change from source to source also and you don't want to force 720x480 for all sources as you'll end up ruining the output.
crimmel

Post by crimmel »

rollin_eng wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm
crimmel wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 pm I am getting the same error. Hopefully they can fix this soon.
Can you please post your log.
Here is my log: https://mega.nz/#!n1dVEDYK!Hbp3qGbbJ6I3 ... OSeXFOJ0Zs
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

s55 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 pm Then you've either told it to not store picture settings, or you've still got auto-crop enabled which could lead to small variations between sources. Also you should note that aspect ration can change from source to source also and you don't want to force 720x480 for all sources as you'll end up ruining the output.
I find that forcing 720x480 (when that is the size of the original source) with autocrop enabled and anamorphic set to auto actually increases the overall quality of the output. The software seems to compensate for the adjustment. Could you give me your thoughts on how and why this would ruin the output? I would appreciate knowing, as I am always trying to increase my understanding of HB.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

You're just distorting the picture twice, there's no point or improvement with this. 100% user delusion.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

mduell wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:16 pm You're just distorting the picture twice, there's no point or improvement with this. 100% user delusion.
Not to be a contrarian, but if you do a partial rip with those settings and watch a few minutes of it, you will see what I mean. The output is clearer, sharper, brighter, and much closer in appearance to the original source DVD. There is absolutely no distortion in aspect ratio whatsoever. Keep in mind that I'm talking about watching the output through Plex/Roku on a 50" flat screen, not on my PC with VLC. Give it a try and you'll be very pleasantly surprised by the result.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Doublin down on delusion. Sorry guy, math is against you. This is all your imagination.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

mduell wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:07 am Doublin down on delusion. Sorry guy, math is against you. This is all your imagination.
No problem. As I said before, I appreciate your input nonetheless.