Handbrake hangs with .dvr-ms files

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
akjohnston

Handbrake hangs with .dvr-ms files

Post by akjohnston »

Hi,
I am using HandBrake on Windows 7 to convert PVR files from two sources into MP4. I was previously using 0.10.5, which worked well with both file types, although it had an occasional failure with very large HD files, so I decided to upgrade.

With v1.0.3 the main .ts files work fine. However the new version does not process .dvr-ms files (pre-processed files from Media Center), but hangs a short way into the process. In the GUI it shows "Scanning title 1 of 1 (20%)", and something similar happens with HandBrake CLI.

The log for this (the interactive session) is http://pastebin.com/3kXA9YPA

I have a work-around for this, as the un-processed .wtv files seem to work fine. However there is clearly a bug which has been introduced since 0.10.5.

Let me know if you would like a sample file to test.

Thanks
Andrew
Deleted User 13735

Re: Handbrake hangs with .dvr-ms files

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Run the wtv file through the Quickstream Fix utility in Videoredo before doing anything else. If there aren't too many stream errors, it should work just fine going forward.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Handbrake hangs with .dvr-ms files

Post by s55 »

1.0.x does not support dvr-ms.

There was a new asf demuxer written for libav12 that doesn't support it. I suspect they are going to re-add support at some point but it'll be in a future release. So for now, if you wish to use dvr-ms you need to use 0.10.5