HandBrake 1.0.3 Problem

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
tbean

HandBrake 1.0.3 Problem

Post by tbean »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

I just installed HandBrake 1.0.3 but when I run it all the controls are greyed-out/disabled.

I checked the installation folder and there are only 16 items in it. Previous installations, 0.10.5, have 32 items in their installation folder. The HandBrake-1.0.3-x86_64-Win_GUI.exe file I downloaded is about 6MB smaller than previous downloads

One of the files that's missing in the 1.0.3 folder is HandBrakeCLI.exe.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.

I am trying to run HandBrake 1.0.3 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a Dell XPS system with 12 GB of memory.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

No exception is displayed

Please include the scan or encode log:

I don't have any logs because everything is disabled.

Code: Select all

Paste a log of the scan or encode between these code brackets, or use a pastebin website and provide us with the URL it gives you. 
 Logs are required for all support requests.
What do I need to do to get HandBrake 1.0.3 to run properly?

Thanks,
Tom
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: HandBrake 1.0.3 Problem

Post by s55 »

HandBrakeCLI is no longer required.

Scan a source and the controls will enable. You are presented with a source selection panel on startup, but if you close it just hit the source button on the toolbar.
tbean

Re: HandBrake 1.0.3 Problem

Post by tbean »

Thanks, that did it.

Tom