Live Preview Functionality Problems 1.0.2

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dantemx
New User

Live Preview Functionality Problems 1.0.2

Post by Dantemx »

I just installed 1.0.2 and everything looks great BUT, it seems that the preview was recoded to respond differently, and now it doesnt send the previews to my default player (cyberlink powerdvd).

Since it doesnt appear to have native controls, its really not sending the preview anywhere. Anyone have this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

I scanned the preferences rigorously but there seems to be little in the way of adjustments for the preview function.

Help!
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Live Preview Functionality Problems 1.0.2

Post by s55 »

There was no changes to the Video Preview in 1.0.x. It works exactly as it's always done. AS with pevious versions, it uses VLC or if you tell it to, your system default player (which is configuration in your OS, not HandBrake)

Not sure what you mean by non native controls. It must be opening in some application on your computer.
MotoTom

Post by MotoTom »

I am having a similar problem. I tried to run a preview on a disk and a preview screen opens up and I can see that Handbrake has processed the preview but then nothing happens. Last week using an older version, VLC Player would automatically launch and run the preview. The enclosed preview file would appear in my default directory. Now it does not.

All I have done since the last time I ran Handbrake last week is install 1.02
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Did you click the live preview button?

Is the path to VLC correctly set in Preferences -> General -> path to VLC?

Was "Use System Default" checkbox enabled in the preview window? Maybe you don't have a mapping for the filetype.

The preview encode is logged, so if you run a preview, can you please provide the log so we can confirm it was sucessful.