Output Sound as Mono

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
BillSark
New User

Output Sound as Mono

Post by BillSark »

I'm making an acting reel of a DVD, and will put clips online in You Tube, so only need mono. I have a Win10 laptop, and used Handbrake 1.0.2 to convert it to an MP4 on my hard drive. The MP4 plays fine in Win Media Player, Quicktime and in Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0. BUT, when I copy a segment in Vegas from the trimmer to the timeline I get audio popping. I see voice, music and SFX tracks in the timeline and am wondering if that is the problem. I've seen other posts that say combine them all into a mono track solves this.
So, when do I combine them and how? When I convert the DVD in Handbrake, in the trimmer or the timeline, and how? Thanks, Bill
Here's my software again: Win10 laptop, Handbrake 1.0.2, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: Output Sound as Mono

Post by Smithcraft »

Hello.

Mixing down multiple audio streams is beyond the scope of Handbrake, and will have to be done before hand in Vegas.

SC