Upgraded to 1.0 - where did my custom presets go?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dax702

Upgraded to 1.0 - where did my custom presets go?

Post by dax702 »

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Had 3 custom presets in the previous version of handbrake. I upgraded to 1.0 and notice that my custom presets are gone. Where can I find them, can I re-import them somehow?

Edit: I just found the user_presets.xml in the appdata/roaming folder and it contains the old preset data. How can I get that data into the new Handbrake? I can't directly import it it seems.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Upgraded to 1.0 - where did my custom presets go?

Post by mduell »

They're not compatible or intended to work across major versions.
dax702

Post by dax702 »

So I take it the only way to get the presets back is to just go through that XML file and make notes of all the settings and set them up again in the new HB?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

yes. The old data is still on the filesystem but it's not compatible with the new UI. You can read it and translate it into GUI settings (for the most part, but:)

Depending on what version your coming from, the settings you see may not have the same effect as the previous version due to improvements in underlying features. So while they give you a good basis for re-creating your presets, you may find a little variance in the output. Usually for the better.
dax702

Post by dax702 »

Ok, thank you for the info