Issue transcoding Video_TS file

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cvrband

Issue transcoding Video_TS file

Post by cvrband »

I've been using handbrake for several years and just recently started having issues with transcoding Video_TS files. After only a few seconds of encoding, it shows the file to be finished. When checking the file in the saved destination, it shows to only be 4Kb rather than ~1Gb. No errors are displayed during the process.

Running Windows 10 - 64 bit with the latest version of HandBrake 1.0.1

Code: Select all

https://app.box.com/embed_widget_preview?shared_name=32688s642g6iuwn5wsjtdw8lju5gfzmw&direction=ASC&theme=dark&width=500&height=400
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Issue transcoding Video_TS file

Post by mduell »

Whatever you ripped with did a bad job or the disk is scratched.

Try MakeMKV.
cvrband

Post by cvrband »

Thanks for the reply. I used the latest version of AnyDVD to rip and have used AnyDVD and Handbrake together for the past several years with no issues until recently (past month - 2 DVD's). I used the same Video_TS files ripped by AnyDVD with a trial version of DVDfab and DVDfab encoded the file perfectly, so, I don't think it was scratched or ripped improperly. I typically check for scratches prior to ripping. I'll admit that I'm not very sophisticated with all of this, so, from what I presented makes you think it was scratched or a bad rip job? Any other suggestions?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

DVDfab may tolerate errors HB does not. My suggestion is to try MakeMKV.
ddwrt

Post by ddwrt »

cvrband wrote:I used the same Video_TS files ripped by AnyDVD with a trial version of DVDfab and DVDfab encoded the file perfectly, so, I don't think it was scratched or ripped improperly.
You may try to rip your TS files with DVDfab as well. Then try to put them in Handbrake, if it works, then it means that AnyDvd ripped files badly somehow. So make sure to reinstall your current version of it, or install the new one.
karelprochazka

Post by karelprochazka »

Hi,
Same problem here. I have been using DVDFab for quite a long time along with Handbrake. On my computer Win10 64bit with latest DVDFab and Handbrake it gives me the same problem. It shows the encoding for about 2 seconds and then says it finished.
I installed virtual machine in VW Player with Windows 7 and installed latest DVDFab and latest Handbrake (until the very last update). It works fine in the virtual machine, but not in the host machine.
When I transfer the whole folder with video and audio files from virtual machine to host machine, Handbrake works. So it must be something DVDFab is doing in the Win10 machine, that Handbrake does not like.
I assume that MakeMKV would work fine. That is my next step.
cvrband

Post by cvrband »

(see original post in this thread) This continues to happen after the latest version of Handbrake was installed. Does anyone else have a solution or suggestions? Thanks
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

cvrband wrote:(see original post in this thread) This continues to happen after the latest version of Handbrake was installed. Does anyone else have a solution or suggestions? Thanks
Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
cvrband

Post by cvrband »

Per your request, here is a link to two (2) different log files: https://app.box.com/s/3vsaxqf0hrzfsw948rom4k4zrdqcev8s (assume this is acceptable - let me know if it is not)

I appreciate your help.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Try ripping your disc with makemkv.