How to use DVD Teletex titles?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Phototaker
Experienced

How to use DVD Teletex titles?

Post by Phototaker »

I have just downloaded & installed your new version of Handbrake which I have been using for years.
As we get older its much more important to have subtitles include because my wife struggles with hearing.

I see that certain types of titles can be either burnt in or passed through. When I have to create a file for her I have always had to revert to using VideoReDo Tv Suite because I can not only make the original file much smaller than the original but since our station here on OZ always have subtitles included with almost every program. With VRD I can make the file smaller & keep the DVD Teletex titles (pid 0x912) if I create a H264 TS file.

I there any way to use this type of titles in HB & if so how is this achieved?

Thanks in advance
mduell
Veteran User

Re: How to use DVD Teletex titles?

Post by mduell »

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: How to use DVD Teletex titles?

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Phototaker wrote: I there any way to use this type of titles in HB & if so how is this achieved?
Unfortunately no. The only broadcast style subtitle HandBrake supports eia-608 closed caption. I would welcome a patch to add other formats, but just haven't had the time to add more myself.