Converting MOV to MP4

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
lunchboxtc22

Converting MOV to MP4

Post by lunchboxtc22 »

Hey there! Brand new to Handbreak so have a quick question that has probably been solved before. I am trying to convert MOV to MP4 and handbreak is currently not able to find the MOV files where they are currently stored. I have tried rebooting my computer but still nothing... Anybody have an answer to solve this?
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Converting MOV to MP4

Post by mduell »

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details
Shane
Novice

Post by Shane »

How can there be a log when HB can't even open the file? :?

Try dragging the file in to HB or move the file to a difference location. Make a folder under C:\ and put it there or save it to your desktop.

hth
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Well the instructions clearly explain that...
Shane
Novice

Post by Shane »

HB creates a log file even if you can't find a video to select? That's impressive.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Well, the activity log starts the moment you launch HandBrake. And the scan log does contain some relevant info when attempting to open a file and it fails.

That being said, in this case I think we can make an exception (but the log is mandatory unless waived by a moderator ;) ).
lunchboxtc22 wrote:handbreak is currently not able to find the MOV files where they are currently stored.
Unfortunately that's way too vague to go on. Couple questions:

1) where are the file currently stored? Is it your main hard drive, an external drive, a network drive, something else?

2) can you describe what you're doing (ideally step by step) after launching HandBrake, to try and locate said files?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Does handbrake still have the limitation that a shared resource has to be mounted as a drive in Windows?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Shane wrote:HB creates a log file even if you can't find a video to select? That's impressive.
Yep!