Crashing While Adding To Queue

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
JWS

Crashing While Adding To Queue

Post by JWS »

Recently my computer has developed a rather odd, and annoying problem...
When I attempt to add a 2nd job to the queue, Handbrake crashes!
Specifically, when drilling down into the Stream subdirectory of a BRD, with the 'details' options set in Windows Explorer (Need to see the file size), Handbrake crashes.

From a brief Google search, this appears to be a rather common issue with Win7's Windows Explorer (AKA: Exploder), and directories that contain large video files. Unfortunately, I have not been successful in resolving the issue...
I have tried my 'goto' registry cleaner. I've also disabled so many of the 'pretty' folder options, Win7 now looks like Win95...and Handbrake is still crashing. One thread suggested running 'chkdsk' on the dive that contains the video files...no dice.

Just curious if anyone in the community has seen this issue, and has an idea as to the remedy.

THX!

JWS
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Crashing While Adding To Queue

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Crashing While Adding To Queue

Post by Woodstock »

And if it is actually crashing, the information from the Windows Event Viewer about the crash would help. That way, we'll have some clue as to WHAT is crashing.