Decomb Settings

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
match
Enlightened

Decomb Settings

Post by match »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
I've always use decomb on the Filters options tab when encoding dvd's. I haven't used Handbrake in a while. I just recently installed the latest nightly and noticed an additional option for the Decomb filter.

You used to be able to pick "Deinterlace" or "Decomb". I've always chosen the Decomb. Next to the option for Decomb, i've always picked the "Default" preset. And that was it. I've noticed there is now an additional drop-down box to the right of the Preset drop down. It is called, "Interlace Detection", containing various options.

The options look similar to the ones that used to be available for the "regular" interlace (always on) option. If i choose the Default preset for Decomb, but leave the Interlace Detection field at "off", will it still decomb the encode? Or do i have to also choose an option in this drop-down for decomb to work? i.e., is choosing the "default" preset enough, or do i have to also choose "default" (or something else) from the Interlace Detection for decomb to be on?

Thanks.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.
Windows 10, Handbrake version: HandBrake-20160724-f77bf99_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe