2 simple questions

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Post Reply
Phototaker
Regular User
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:08 am

2 simple questions

Post by Phototaker »

I have read on these forums that setting are automatically saved as a preset. I have also seen that it's suggested to always have the decomb filter turned on. Every time that I open HB to do another conversion I find that although my other settings are saved recomb isn't. Is there a trick to doing this?


I record quite a few programs that my wife wants off the air. These are usually MPEG2 TS streams which I can open in VideoReDo H264 TV suite & knock out the adds. I can get that program to recode them to make the files size smaller & still keep the titles, but this seems to take considerably longer than using Handbrake.

I'm willing to have the them encoded as either hard or soft in Handbrake but can't see any way to do so without having extract the titles from the original file only to have to put them back. Surely there must be an easier way?
mduell
Veteran User
Posts: 7192
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Re: 2 simple questions

Post by mduell »

Phototaker wrote:I have read on these forums that setting are automatically saved as a preset.
Nope.
Phototaker wrote:I have also seen that it's suggested to always have the decomb filter turned on.
Debateable but generally safe.
Phototaker wrote:Every time that I open HB to do another conversion I find that although my other settings are saved recomb isn't. Is there a trick to doing this?
No tricks, just standard use of the preset system.
Phototaker wrote:I'm willing to have the them encoded as either hard or soft in Handbrake but can't see any way to do so without having extract the titles from the original file only to have to put them back. Surely there must be an easier way?
Depends on the sub. You've elected not to provide the unambiguously mandatory information for us to help you, so you likely won't get any help for this.
rollin_eng
Veteran User
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: 2 simple questions

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
Post Reply