Nightly

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Nightly

Post by DrXenos »

Sorry if this was already addressed somewhere (I didn't see anything). Is the build server for your Windows nightly down? I see it haven't been built in a while.

Or is the code just not in a usable state right now? I built it myself last weekend, but it didn't behave very well (it would never finishes scanning).

The nightly I am currently using works fine, so I am not trying to be impatient or anything. Just curious...

Thanks,

DrX
Ayoross
Novice

Re: Nightly

Post by Ayoross »

Windows builds are broken for weeks...
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Actually they came back, but the build server went offline again :(

If this goes on for too long, then we'll release builds manually until we can automate Windows nightlies again. Either way, please be patient :)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

It's all builds, not just windows affected and I probably won't bother doing manual releases. Too much work.

It's not a guaranteed service. It'll get looked at when someone has time.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

With the recent AAC encoder regression for political reasons, it's a great time to learn how to compile yourself so you can have a full-featured build.
FrostByte
Novice

Post by FrostByte »

mduell wrote:With the recent AAC encoder regression for political reasons, it's a great time to learn how to compile yourself so you can have a full-featured build.
Looks scary, but I'll give it a shot :)

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CompileOnWindows
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

I have no issue building it myself. I was just afraid you were in the middle of some big change and that I shouldn't use the latest yet. Now that I know it's just a server issue, I will just sync with GIT and build it.

Thanks.
Ayoross
Novice

Post by Ayoross »

I have no issue compiling the GUI part of handbrake, but I can't compile the libhb.dll, because of python errors:

After the ./configure --cross=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-x265 --enable-qsv --enable-hwd --launch-jobs=1 --launch
I'm using the right version of mingw (gcc version 4.9.0 20131228 (experimental) (GCC)) on Ubuntu 14.04.

Code: Select all

find: x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip...(pass) /home/frederic/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip
compute: build tuple...(pass) x86_64-w64-mingw32
probe: number of CPU cores...(pass) 2
probe: repo info...(fail) code 127
probe: version.txt...(fail)
compute: project data...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./make/configure.py", line 1529, in <module>
    action.run()
  File "./make/configure.py", line 274, in run
    self._action()
  File "./make/configure.py", line 832, in _action
    self.version = repo.date.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
ValueError: year=1 is before 1900; the datetime strftime() methods require year >= 1900
FrostByte
Novice

Post by FrostByte »

Looks like they are back, thanks guys