Handbraked mp4's no longer play on IOS since windows 10

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
qwerty6000

Handbraked mp4's no longer play on IOS since windows 10

Post by qwerty6000 »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
Hi guys, i have the latest version of handbrake installed, with a bunch of different presets additional to the standard Apple Ipad / Iphone ones. None of them will work when attempting to play on IOS devices, since I upgraded to windows 10. No errors, the file is output, and is playable on the PC no worries, just not on IOS.

If convert using some other tool, like go pro studio or camtasia ... and export to mp4, they work on the IOS device (odd given they are actually usually the ones that dont create an immediately IOS capable file.

Additionally , software I use called photosync to transfer said MP4 borks at the file and can't read it. Other methods like FTP, email, even pulling down in safari all exhibit the same problem... the problem is with the mp4 it seems.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.
Windows 10 64bit fully patched. Handbrake 0.10.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
No errors at all.

Please include the scan or encode log:
Not sure sorry ill get back to you on this one.

Code: Select all

http://pastebin.com/2CbxXvZY
Last edited by qwerty6000 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Handbraked mp4's no longer play on IOS since windows 10

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
qwerty6000

Post by qwerty6000 »

Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Can you clarify "no longer play"? Will they no longer sync to the device via iTunes or?
qwerty6000

Post by qwerty6000 »

Nah I don't use iTunes , basically the video file just won't play on iOS devices any longer. I use email or ftp or even photo sync application to transfer them. Just shows a a white screen with a play icon.

Which is the behaviour it does when the MP4 is in a format iOS doesn't like (such as my go pro videos) , so I've always used hand brake and the "iPhone" preset (or indeed my other manual presets that worked with iOS previously)

The videos in questions are small screen capture videos I email to a friend.

Basically any output from handbrake won't play on iOS , period. Even the iPod setting etc still producing an MP4 that won't play.
moneymatt4life
Veteran User

Post by moneymatt4life »

don't you need "web optimized" for something like that? :? as usual, i dunno :P as i transfer files via iTunes and that still works ;)
qwerty6000

Post by qwerty6000 »

Yeah I never use iTunes it does a terrible job. Ha brake has always been the go to! The iPod iPad iPhone settings come with handbrake and used to work great.
It's only since windows 10.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Are you able to sync via iTunes?