V10.2 Can't define fallback Encoder/Passthough Option

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ByteShare

V10.2 Can't define fallback Encoder/Passthough Option

Post by ByteShare »

Looking through https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Encoders#Audio
it is stated:
"Auto Passthru
This will automatically choose the correct passthru option (AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, MP3 or AAC)
You can enable finer grained control of which passthru options can be auto-selected if you enabled advanced passthru options from HandBrakes options."

I can't find that option in the options.

I'm trying to set the parameters for the fallback encoder but can't. In tracks I also can't define this, I just get Track Name if I click the Show button.

I have 10.2 Stable 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate, update: I seem to have the same problem with the nightly build svn7347 64bit.

Any ideas on how I'm missing this option? I couldn't find anything on the forum about this.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: V10.2 Can't define fallback Encoder/Passthough Option

Post by Woodstock »

In the audio tab, have you clicked on "change to defaults" yet?
moneymatt4life
Veteran User

Post by moneymatt4life »

WinGUI can't set fallback parameters yet, at least as of svn7368 :?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

It can't? It's on the "Set defaults" screen, as a pull-down labeled "Fallback encoder"....
moneymatt4life
Veteran User

Post by moneymatt4life »

others(?) have the option to set fallback bitrate/mixdown/whatnot, that's what i thought they were talking about :P
ByteShare

Post by ByteShare »

If it helps it works in the Linux Version. I can define to passthrough if the bit rate is below what I specify (and an acceptable audio format) but if it is over the bit rate then it re-encodes it. For example I say passthrough AC3, except if is over 320b/s and my source is AC3 448, so then the audio wouldn't passthrough. I was hoping to have this same ability in Windows.