Nightly builds for Windows?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Nightly

Nightly builds for Windows?

Post by Nightly »

I would like to ask why nightly builds for windows are currently not available. I basically use only them because of h265 (1.7 on nightly, 1.5 on stables if I remember correctly).

Are there any grave bugs that I didn't encountered till now?
Is there a way to get them build from the web or do I need to compile them by myself from now on?

The last official release I could grab was svn7352. Has anyone a newer one/is someone interested that I upload it somewhere?

Builds:
svn7398 (thanks to savegirl): -removed on request of s55-
svn7352: -removed on request of s55-

EDIT: If someone needs build svn7352 (last official one I could grab) you can write me a message. I'll not post the link here as it was requestet by s55.
Last edited by Nightly on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Nightly builds for Windows?

Post by s55 »

We no longer have a build server capable of building the windows front-end.

The nightly builds for the CLI will continue shortly though.

There are not many changes since your build so your not missing much.
match
Enlightened

Post by match »

woah...that's kind of a big deal. I imagine that there are a LOT of Windows users that download this nightly version. Does this mean that development on the Win GUI has ceased/paused? As the cli is updated, can we throw that somewhere in the Handbrake directory to at least updated the main encoding code? Or will the new cli's eventually not be compatible with the last gui build that was posted. Any eta on when the win gui nightlies might return? Are the mac and lin gui still being developed with features the win gui will not get? Is there still development on the win gui, but we'll have to wait until the next stable release?

Sorry for all the questions...just a panicked win gui user.

Thanks.
moneymatt4life
Veteran User

Post by moneymatt4life »

WinGUI nightlies haven't used the CLI for quite some time now :?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Let me re-phrase. We no longer have a build server that can produce automated nightly builds and publish them. Nothing to stop development happening or changing.

I don't know when or if it'll be fixed. The server is being retired. We may or may not get a replacement. I don't know. If we don't, we may have to go back to periodic snapshots for the windows GUI.

Finally, the GUI hasn't used the CLI for quite some time. So upgrading it will have no effect. The windows GUI uses the core library now instead and that isn't something you should be trying to upgrade. Any API changes we make will cause the app to crash out if the UI is not updated.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

On a site note, you'd be surprised how few users download the nighties. The regulars on the forum seem to do most of the downloading ;)
Nightly

Post by Nightly »

Just played around with jenkins
Updating svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake at revision '2015-07-25T00:23:01.080 +0200'
At revision 7375
no change for svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake since the previous build
Finished: SUCCESS

Still have no clue where I can grab the build files (first time I use jenkins)...
If its a server that just does the win builds and everything automatically I could offer to let it run in one of my VMs.
My Life Is Tech

Post by My Life Is Tech »

So if I'm understanding correctly, we may still get new builds of the Windows Nightly GUI, but it won't be updated near as frequently? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
gamecaptor
Experienced

Post by gamecaptor »

s55 wrote:On a site note, you'd be surprised how few users download the nighties. The regulars on the forum seem to do most of the downloading ;)
I use the nightly builds :(
ccccc

Post by ccccc »

Surely somebody can throw a build up once every week or two? I suspect that I'm not the only one using he nightlies and it's pretty drastic to just shut it all down.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

What are you talking about?

I've already stated I'm looking at producing periodic snapshots if we can't get a new build server for the windows gui. None of the other builds are affected and are still running nightly.

Patience people ...
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

PANIC!!!!11!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
gmb
Bright Spark User

Post by gmb »

This is a big deal after Skylake soon, assuming there are updates required. Without fast updates there is no chance for a useful test.
tranle

Post by tranle »

Can the windows build machine be hosted on the amazon cloud ?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

gmb wrote:This is a big deal after Skylake soon, assuming there are updates required. Without fast updates there is no chance for a useful test.
No updates that I know of. I still need to commit HEVC/QSV encoding support though…
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

gmb wrote:This is a big deal after Skylake soon, assuming there are updates required. Without fast updates there is no chance for a useful test.
There aren't.
gmb
Bright Spark User

Post by gmb »

mduell wrote:
There aren't.

Nothing new here to anyone. Skylake is not even available. I told soon for a reason.
My Life Is Tech

Post by My Life Is Tech »

s55, could you please clarify what you mean by periodic snapshots?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Non-automated snapshot builds where s55 builds and uploads them manually when he has time to do so.
match
Enlightened

Post by match »

Does anyone have a link to the last nightly that was produced? I didn't get a chance to download the last nightly that was posted. I only download it once every week or two. I'd like to have the most recent for obvious reasons. It might make sense to post the most recent/last nightly somewhere permanent, maybe on the same page as the most recent stable release. If someone new wanted to start downloading the latest and greatest, thety can at least have the most featured version.
Nightly

Post by Nightly »

@match
svn7352 -removed on request of s55-
(Dear team, if this link is not allowed please remove it)
Last edited by Nightly on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamecaptor
Experienced

Post by gamecaptor »

Thank you Nightly!
savegirl

Post by savegirl »

Neue / New

[Mod Note: Removed URL]

Komisch das SVN nur Version 6809 ausgibt:

a German Userin Turns as a question why created the SVN server from the Nightly Build 6809 and not current?

Please, the question here be wrong in the proper range shifting, thanks
Nightly

Post by Nightly »

@savegirl

Thanks for the build! I'm not sure hwat you mean with build 6809, svn reports the correct one, also in your build its written in the executable 7398 and on the about page.
----
Danke für den Build, bei mir gibt der svn die korrekte Nummer an. Auch bei deinem Build steht in den Filedetails alles richtig.
Wie hast du den Build erstellt?
savegirl

Post by savegirl »

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CompileOnWindows

Got the programs concerned and then retrieved the source from the server
and if I just do that I of trunk \ win \ CS
the data get then is still the Compile Release x64 just displayed SVN6809.

Habe mir die Programme besorgt und dann die Source vom Server geholt
und wenn ich das genau so mache das ich von trunk\win\CS
die daten hole dann wird noch dem Compile Release x64 eben die SVN6809 angezeigt.