All audio files from Nero folder have disappeared

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Sacco

All audio files from Nero folder have disappeared

Post by Sacco »

Hi!

I recommend Handbrake ro a friend (have been using the Mac version for months) and he thinks that when he installed it on his PC, it made all his audio files from a Nero folder disappeared. Is there any chance that Handbrake did this and, more importantly, is there a fix?

Many thanks to all!
Last edited by Sacco on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Not even remotely possible that handbrake caused this. IT has no interaction with nero what so ever.
Sacco

Post by Sacco »

Wow! Lightning fast reply! Many thanks!

I just wanted to add how much handbrake can be a great utility for educators who want to show only parts of movies. Brillant app! Thanks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

glad to hear.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

I'm no expert on this, but I do try and keep on top of what happens within my registry.

I see no interaction whatsoever with HandBrake and other apps. I can't see any potential conflicts like I can see with several other apps. Other than .Net framework, HandBrake is pretty much a stand-alone, independent app.

I have Nero too and can see no way HandBrake can affect it.
Sacco

Post by Sacco »

Hi PuzZLeR

I don't think it affected Nero itself but his audio library that was in a folder named Nero (audio files he extracted withe Nero) disappeared.

If you have any idea, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
stmiller
Novice

Post by stmiller »

Most likely the user deleted the files, or changed something himself.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

I'm with stmiller on this one. No other clue other than the user did something more than just install HandBrake.

All I can say at this point is use Restore Point (if he has XP) and if that doesn't work there are several "Un-erase" apps online that are not expensive if he wants to try them.

Or, if that's not enough, then there happen to be methods that a technician can attempt. I've gotten data rescued in the past years ago, and techniques for this science have developped even better today.

Good luck. Data loss is painful.
Sacco

Post by Sacco »

Brillant advice! Many thanks to all of you!

I tried to understand what he could have done other then install HB... He didn't know (which is never a good sign ;-) ). I'll explore the avenues you suggested.

Again, many thanks!

Cheers.