Quick Question - software for bypassing Copyright?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
awhite87

Quick Question - software for bypassing Copyright?

Post by awhite87 »

Hi Guys,

First of all just to say what a great piece of kit 'Handbrake' is. I've used it to rip some of my own short films and projects for my online showreel - never before have I found it to so easy to rip DVDs!

The next thing I want to do is rip some of my favourite copyrighted DVDs onto my hard-drive. I've been looking at the supporting documentation and FAQ and am a bit confused as to what secondary software I need to obtain in order to bypass the copyright protection and allow HandBrake unrestricted access to the DVDs in question.

I've tried the AnyDVD tool but it didn't seem to assist. What software do I need to bypass the copyright protection, where can I obtain it and how do I get it working with HandBrake?

Thanks!
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

AnyDVD is the best solution. Is it detecting the disc and what protections it has? It does tell you (hit the tray icon)
awhite87

Post by awhite87 »

sr55 wrote:AnyDVD is the best solution. Is it detecting the disc and what protections it has? It does tell you (hit the tray icon)
It detects the disc, yes. It also allows me to select default disc options I'd like disabled (i.e. Skip annoying adverts and copy protection etc). I select them all and click OK.

However, back in HandBrake the disc still fails to read because it's copy-protected. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but what?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

If, at that point, the disc still fails to read, it's not a copy protection issue.

Please paste relevant logs.

Rodney
awhite87

Post by awhite87 »

rhester wrote:If, at that point, the disc still fails to read, it's not a copy protection issue.

Please paste relevant logs.

Rodney
Error message reads;

"No title(s) found. Please make sure you have selected a valid, non-copy protected source."
bigfatdummy

Post by bigfatdummy »

That is the exact message one of my co-workers and I get.

Both running on

Windows XP Pro
HB Version 2.41
Mr. Tasty Phlegm

DVD43

Post by Mr. Tasty Phlegm »

DVD43 is a good program and sits idle in your tool tray until you insert a DVD.
royone
Enlightened

Post by royone »

DVD Decrypter works great for me. You can Google for it. There's no official site for it anymore.