XBOX 360 plist.

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Lateralus138

XBOX 360 plist.

Post by Lateralus138 »

I tried searching the forum, but maybe I used the wrong keywords, idk so...

I use a usb stick to watch videos on my 360 and I need subtitles (kids are loud :) so I wanted to use Handbrake to put them in mp4 container and my output file for the last video I tried didn't work. I searched for a preset for 360 and found one that was for 0.9.4 and when trying to import into the newest version of course I get an error saying it's corrupt or for a previous version. I know about 360s limited formats and I thought I was sure I used the right settings, but as I've said was a no go. H.264/aac was is the original and the original plays fine in the 360 without the subtitles. I have successfully converted it with a different program and works with my subtitles, but I would prefer to use Handbrake.

My main question is is there an updated 360 plist for the newest version or a way to convert the old one. I figure when i have the proper settings I can review where I went wrong.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=PbXy2YVd
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: XBOX 360 plist.

Post by Smithcraft »

An encode log would be really helpful. It would show us what the source file is and what streams it contains.

The log you supplied shows no subtitles in the file.

SC
Lateralus138

Re: XBOX 360 plist.

Post by Lateralus138 »

Ok, I'll retry again this evening and reproduce it.