HandBrake exits encoding immediately, no new file

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Ovy

HandBrake exits encoding immediately, no new file

Post by Ovy »

Two weeks ago HB was still working fine. Now, when I want to reencode an mp4 file, it immediately - as in 1 second - "finishes" the encoding process. No file is to be found in the source folder. The status below says Queue Finished. This happens on Normal settings. I tried different source files, reinstalling HB, and deleting settings. CPU temperature is normal.

I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my Activity Log, which to my eyes doesn't seem to show very much:

http://hastebin.com/raw/nuraqohuri (I deleted some unneeded chapter info to keep it short)

Thanks in advance!
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: HandBrake exits encoding immediately, no new file

Post by Woodstock »

With so much removed from the log, it is difficult to see if you specified an output file. Did you?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

He did a scan anyway, output file would not matter.
Ovy

Post by Ovy »

Woodstock wrote:With so much removed from the log, it is difficult to see if you specified an output file. Did you?
Yes, I did. I only removed some chapter metadata.

I installed VidCoder, which is apparently based on HandBrake, and that's working fine (I might switch to that program). I'm just puzzled how a piece of software can just stop working like that. Only thing that comes to mind is that I ran AdwCleaner some time ago, which is a bit aggressive malware removal tool, but it's pretty unlikely it removed vital parts of HB.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Hmm, if you used the GUI, then you only provided the scan log, not the encode log.
Ovy

Post by Ovy »

Encoding works again. It's a bit of a mystery what I did wrong, maybe I did screw up specifying an output file, like Woodstock suggested. It's no rocket science, but I have to say I was pretty tired when submitting this question.

Thanks anyway!

Could a moderator remove this topic?