Compile Handbrake GUI on Windows

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jigglywiggly

Re: Compile Handbrake GUI on Windows

Post by jigglywiggly »

I changed the link now, and it seems to work with the new MPFR version 2.4.0 this also changes the second step too... Will post back my progress later, thanks for your help again.
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

So I got to this step

- svn co svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake/trunk HandBrake
- cd HandBrake
- make

It worked for like 15 min, and this is the last few steps before it crashed. Any ideas?

Code: Select all

cp: target `Settings/Administrator/Desktop/trunk/contrib/lib/' is not a directo
y

cd `dirname ./bzip2.tar.gz` && CONTRIB=`pwd` &&
        rm -rf bzip2 && (gzip -dc bzip2.tar.gz | tar xf - ) &&
        cd bzip2 && make && make install && cp libbz2.a $CONTRIB/lib/ &&
        strip -S $CONTRIB/lib/libbz2.a

...failed BZip2 ./lib/libbz2.a ...
...failed updating 18 target(s)...
...skipped 4 target(s)...
...updated 18 target(s)...
make[1]: *** [.contrib] Error 1
make: *** [contrib/.contrib] Error 2
tbean

Post by tbean »

I just tried to build the Handbrake GUI on Windows for the first time and got the following warnings:

Warning 1 Cannot load type library for reference "AxQTOControlLib". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) HandBrakeCS
Warning 2 Cannot load type library for reference "QTOControlLib". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) HandBrakeCS
Warning 3 Cannot load type library for reference "QTOLibrary". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) HandBrakeCS
Warning 4 The referenced component 'QTOControlLib' could not be found.
Warning 5 The referenced component 'QTOLibrary' could not be found.
Warning 6 The referenced component 'AxQTOControlLib' could not be found.

Where can I get the QuickTime ActiveX control library so I can successfully build the Handbrake GUI?

Thanks,
Tom
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

If you have quicktime installed, that should be it.
I didn't actually have to install any additional software to get the library.
tbean

Post by tbean »

Thanks, I installed Quick Time and that took care of it.
tbean

Post by tbean »

I encountered another problem with QuickTime.

When I tried to preview a movie I encoded using Xvid, QuickTime only displayed a black window so I went to the folder with the encoded sample file and tried to play it. It played successfully in Windows Media Player and other players but when I tried to play it with QuickTime, it displayed a message saying I was missing the Xvid codec for QuickTime, however, I already had version 1.1.2 of the Xvid codec installed. I installed the latest version, 1.2.1, of the codec but QuickTime still displays only a black picture.

What else do I need for QuickTime to get it to play the sample?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I would have thought xvid would have been enough, however if it's not working, best ask on the apple forums.

One of the reasons there is support for VLC as well, is that Quicktime can't play everything HandBrake outputs due to it's limited support / lack of good plugins on windows. Might try playback in VLC.
dlflannery

Preview window encoding

Post by dlflannery »

I exported C# rev 2176 and built it. It runs but I suspect the preview encoding isn't encoding. I'm using the CLI binary that is distributed with 0.9.3 and I'm guessing the -t 1 preview generation option just isn't in there, correct ? (The query looks good otherwise.) If so, can I get a windows binary of the CLI that would work?

If that isn't the problem, I can copy the query out and run it in a command window to see what error messages are generated.

Thanks
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You need a newer CLI. You'll need to wait for a snapshot release or compile one yourself. We don't offer builds that are unstable/incomplete.
A snapshot is probably some time off as the code as there is major changes in progress.
RickAns

Post by RickAns »

Greets,

Would it be possible to make this a 'Sticky' please? It is starting to get buried under other threads and has now been pushed to halfway down page 2 already. Otherwise those new to thinking of compiling Handbrake will be forced to search through pages in order to find this very useful thread. Just a thought, thanks. :-)

Cheers,
Rick
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

It's deliberate. If folk want to compile, they need to keep up with the checkins and the documentation on the wiki / svn. The page linked to in this thread is out of date.