Encoding from Blu Ray with E-AC3 Audio Track fails

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
eWyB9SlMk4by96K35eh5

Encoding from Blu Ray with E-AC3 Audio Track fails

Post by eWyB9SlMk4by96K35eh5 »

Hi all,

i have stumbled across a strange error wich already made me buy a new Blu Ray Drive because i thought its defective. Turns out my old one might be in perfect shape after looking at the logfiles.

I am trying to convert Monsters University Blu Ray to MP4, said Blu Ray has an E-AC3 Audio Track (only one, but sadly its the language i need and that language is only contained once :( )

Everytime i select this E-AC3 Audio Track i get the following errors in the logfile and the encoding stops after a while:

AC3 Passthru requested and input codec is not AC3 for track 2, using AC3 encoder

and later:

[eac3 @ 00000000021CAAC0] unsupported frame type : skipping frame
[eac3 @ 00000000021CDF80] unsupported frame type : skipping frame
[eac3 @ 00000000021CDF80] Dependent substream decoding is not implemented. Update your Libav version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[eac3 @ 00000000021CAAC0] Dependent substream decoding is not implemented. Update your Libav version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
ERROR: Initiating automatic shutdown of encode process. The size of the log file indicates that there is an error!

The full logfile can be found here http://pastebin.com/tDjvkqTA

Thanks for your help.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Encoding from Blu Ray with E-AC3 Audio Track fails

Post by TedJ »

Have you tried updating to a recent nightly build? We've updated libav several times since the HandBrake 0.9.9 release.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Not going to make a difference I'm afraid.

The UI is killing the encode because the log gets too big, and these messages are still present with the latest libav.
tweetysat

Post by tweetysat »

Hello,

I'm using handbrake 0.10.2.7286 x64 under windows 10 and I'm trying to rip a blu ray.

If I choose the english soundtrack (AC3 - 5.1 ch - Dolby Digital EX), it's working fine.
Now if I want to rip with french soundtrack (E-AC3 - 5.1 ch), its is not working. After a while it stops encoding and I see the same error about the dependent substream.

I tried with AAC(avcodec), AAC(FDK), HE-AAC, AC3, Auto Passthru, AC3 Passthru. But always the same result.
What can I do to have it working ?

Thanks.

Can't post full log because it is too big (25 mb). It contains lot of "major sync info header checksum error".
Here is a log without all the "major sync info header checksum error" and all the "Dependent substream decoding is not implemented...."

http://pastebin.com/v9GSWZpe
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Try a nightly build to see if it's something that has been fixed.
Navvie
Novice

Post by Navvie »

If the nightly builds don't help, as a workaround you could rip with MakeMKV, encode without the audio track, then use mkv merge to put the audio track you want back in.