chapters are not recognized by Windows Media Player

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Olivenbaum2013

chapters are not recognized by Windows Media Player

Post by Olivenbaum2013 »

Hello,

I've searched this forum for answers but have not found anything due to my problem.
My problem is, that I can't create a MP4-file with HandBrake, where the chapters, that I create there, will be recognized by Windows Media Player.

What did I do:
I've converted an iso-file to a MP4-file.
The iso-file has predifined 57 chapters.
I've enabled the field 'create chapter markers', where all the 57 chapters are listed.
After converting I play it with VLC and it recognize the chapters, so I can jump from one chapter to another.
By contrast, the Windows Media Player does not recognize the chapters respectively I can't find there the possibility to jump between chapters.
What to do?
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Re: chapters are not recognized by Windows Media Player

Post by GregiBoy »

Stop using Windows Media Player as it is less than ordinary.
Olivenbaum2013

Re: chapters are not recognized by Windows Media Player

Post by Olivenbaum2013 »

GregiBoy wrote:Stop using Windows Media Player as it is less than ordinary.
I see. So the chapters created with HandBrake seem to be ok.
My problem, that I have not explained in full extension, is, that I want to convert this MP4 into MP3. But because no MP3 contains chapters, I need to create as many MP3-files as chapters are included in the MP4.
But when I use f.e. Any Audio Converter, it does not recognize the chapters/chapter markers, so I could cut it along this markers/chapters.

Do you know a converter-sofrware, that is able to consider the chapter-division?