How to do crude anamorphic in GUI?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
trumpet205

How to do crude anamorphic in GUI?

Post by trumpet205 »

So I read that CLI can do crude anamorhpic, but I can't seem to get GUI to do the same thing. I have a 716 x 480 video that is stretch to 848 x 480 by anamorphic.

I want to encode that video straight to 848 x 480, not 716 x 480 that is stretched during playback. How would I do it under GUI?
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: How to do crude anamorphic in GUI?

Post by TedJ »

The GUI doesn't allow upscaling so you're out of luck.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

I think if you choose Anamorphic = None and select Maintain Aspect, then raise the vertical resolution to its native 480, the horizontal will scale up to the square pixel equivalent, taking mod (and cropping) into account. I like this feature in WinGUI and use it quite often for web delivery. Using svn5675
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

musicvid wrote:I think if you choose Anamorphic = None and select Maintain Aspect, then raise the vertical resolution to its native 480, the horizontal will scale up to the square pixel equivalent, taking mod (and cropping) into account. I like this feature in WinGUI and use it quite often for web delivery. Using svn5675
Just tried it and it works. Awesome.

I owe you big time. :D
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Glad you found it to your liking!