Quicksync not active

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dalsvzla

Quicksync not active

Post by Dalsvzla »

Hi

i cant see the "H.264 (Intel QSV)" encoder option in HB.

I installed the last night build version, just have an IGPU that is active with last intel drivers. I have a i7 3770K. On my Gigabyte Z77 UD3H bios donest are any optiopn to activate quicksync

What should i do to activate the option?

Many thanks.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Quicksync not active

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

First, make sure you actually downloaded the QSV Beta - Quick Sync Video support is not in the regular nightly builds.

If you have the QSV Beta build, Activity Log please (see the red banner for instructions).
Dalsvzla

Post by Dalsvzla »

Rodeo wrote:First, make sure you actually downloaded the QSV Beta - Quick Sync Video support is not in the regular nightly builds.

If you have the QSV Beta build, Activity Log please (see the red banner for instructions).
Hi Rodeo...

its a silly situation... i tought that the QSV option are in nightly builds..... my endless apologies... i didnt see the QSV Beta link on downloads. Sorry and many thanks
spooky

Post by spooky »

This confused me at first too because the Trac Timeline linked from the nightly builds changes page contains lots of references to qsv fixes. After reinstalling Intel drivers and rebooting lots of times I eventually realized that QSV isn't in the nightlies (but the qsv references in the Trac thing still confuse me).
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

spooky wrote:This confused me at first too because the Trac Timeline linked from the nightly builds changes page contains lots of references to qsv fixes. After reinstalling Intel drivers and rebooting lots of times I eventually realized that QSV isn't in the nightlies (but the qsv references in the Trac thing still confuse me).
Well, we only have one source code repository. QSV is in a separate branch though.