add subtitle to mp4 without converting

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mahtil

add subtitle to mp4 without converting

Post by mahtil »

hi everyone i want today to request from you to add the ability to add soft subtitles to an mp4 video without affecting the quality of the video just a processes of choosing the video add the sub chose the language chose to be soft and start just that easy and fast and to be for pc plz aim gonna lose my mind my brothers don't understand eng and i have a 300 mp4 movie plz help
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: add subtitle to mp4 without converting

Post by s55 »

HandBrake is not a muxing tool. You can't do video passthru.
mahtil

Post by mahtil »

do you know any muxing tool to do that for pc to share it or should the makers of handbrake make a soft like that
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

If you were using the MKV container I would recommend MKVMerge (Part of MKVToolnix).

A lot of hardware players will not support soft subs in the MP4 container.

And no, IMHO your request is not within the purview of Handbrake.
mahtil

Post by mahtil »

tnx a lot guys but i found it it works with the soft sub are working with vlc my planes are for my samsung hdtv her is the app it's yamb + mp4box + notepad++ to edit the sub in case to detect and convert the sub to utf-8 now aim going to go to try it on my tv when aim back i will make i tutorial + imgs for the processes
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

I would suggest that you seriously test the Samsung TV playing before you start anything as the player software in most modern TV's is brain-dead.
mahtil

Post by mahtil »

and it didn't work :( yep you'er alright [Censored] companies nothing is complete now aim going always connecting my pc to tv and use vlc blahblabla....
mahtil

Post by mahtil »

so if anyone is interested on how i manage to get the soft sub at least for vlc say it and i will do it
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

If you are going to use your PC, I suggest that you seriously look at XBMC for a good library management and playing experience. I also invested in a USB Wireless Mini-Keyboard and it really is good.
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

If you are going to use your PC, this is what I would do.

1. Download the subtitles from one of the subtitle sites if you don't already have them. (opensubtitles.org is one of many)
2. Download chapters from one of the chapter sites. (http://chapterdb.org is again one of many)
3. Remux original file + 1 & 2 into a MKV file....

It works fine for me.
mahtil

Post by mahtil »

tnx a lot guys but bad news are falling down on me my 500 gb drive is gone :( with more than 300 mp4 movie of hollyroses the (Psp,ipod,zune) and 3 car diagnostic systems it was a big big lost for me