Missing DVD title / chapter on source scan

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ozgadgetguy

Missing DVD title / chapter on source scan

Post by ozgadgetguy »

The activity log is here: http://pastebin.com/Fx1Hinwm

I have ripped a DVD folder using AnyDVD. When playing back with VLC, title 1 has two chapters totalling 6:14. Chapter 1 of this title is 5:28 and chapter 2 is 0:45. These are DVD extras. Titles 2, 3 and 4 are the three TV episodes on the DVD.

When I scan with HandBrake titles 2, 3 and 4 are fine but title 1 is only 5:28 and has only a single chapter. The same thing is happening on all the other disks in this set.

Is there any way to make it see the second chapter? If not is there another tool I could try to rip this chapter?
ozgadgetguy

Re: Missing DVD title / chapter on source scan

Post by ozgadgetguy »

Never mind, I've now used MakeMKV to rip these titles successfully. There's obviously an issue/bug here though because MakeMKV and VLC work fine on the original rip.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

I wish you wouldn't say never mind. I, too, see this a lot (especially on special features). It is always when multiple items are packed into one title. Handbrake can see the first item, but not the others. Would be nice to see it fix. It gets to be a pain to have to stop and use MakeMVK to split them up.
ozgadgetguy

Post by ozgadgetguy »

Sorry just wanted to indicate I'd found a work around.

Its not good that you can't rely on HandBrake to rip everything though, have to check it all manually now too. Given that other tools can handle these titles I expect it must be a defect in the scanning process.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

...or the disc authoring. In this case it's worth trying with libdvdnav disabled.
ozgadgetguy

Post by ozgadgetguy »

Just tried on the first disk. No change.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried, too.