Audio Bug in Nightly

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Audio Bug in Nightly

Post by DrXenos »

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that the Nightly builds (I'm using Windows, both 32 & 64 bit) have had a bug in the Audio section of the GUI, for awhile now. I have it set up to automatically select all English tracks on a DVD. As I change between DVD video tracks, the list of audio tracks increases. That is, when you select a video track with multiple audio tracks, they get added but never deleted. This is easy to see if you move back and forth between two video tracks, and at least one has multiple audio tracks added. The list of audio tracks will get longer and longer. This does not happen in the currently released version.

Thanks. Great tool by the way!
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Audio Bug in Nightly

Post by s55 »

It's due to the "Add all ...." options you have turned on. At the moment it was defaulting all tracks to the preferred language (or first), then adding all the remaining. (so could lead to duplicates).

I've changed this now so when either option is enabled, it'll
Clear out all tracks,
Add the tracks from the preset with the preferred or first track selected
Then add the remaining.

This is the only way that really makes sense to me.

https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/5412 will be in tomorrows build.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

Just to be clear: I don't mind the duplicate audio tracks. The currently release version will add the first track as AAC, and add it again as AC3 passthru. I actually like this, because it gives me the option, and supports the widest range of players. It will then add the additional tracks (e.g., commentary) as just passthru. Agan, I like this.

If I had my druthers, I would prefer the behavior to stay this way.

The nightly version does it this, but when you change to a different episode, for example, it doesn't delete the audio tracks from the previous episode. So the list just keeps growing. It's not that some tracks are dups (like above), but that some are invalid for the current episode.

Thanks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Just to be clear: I don't mind the duplicate audio tracks. The currently release version will add the first track as AAC, and add it again as AC3 passthru. I actually like this, because it gives me the option, and supports the widest range of players. It will then add the additional tracks (e.g., commentary) as just passthru. Agan, I like this.
I'll do that if your preset has 2 tracks in it. So if you have a preset with 2 audio tracks, aac and ac3 and a source with 4 languages, you'll get

1 English AAC
1 English AC3
2 Dutch
3 French
4 Spanish
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

That's awesome. Thank you so much.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User