Two Small Usability Bugs

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
JohnJ9

Two Small Usability Bugs

Post by JohnJ9 »

Running the most recent on Windows:

* my default setting for an MP4 file is to always use M4V for the file extension. This works for the default setting, but if you decide to click the Browse button to select an alternative location for the file, the filename is then changed in the file select dialog to have an MP4 extension.

* there should be two notions of "current directory" in the product: one for files being opened, and another for files being written out. If I'm going to pick out a set of files one at a time for conversion, Handbrake always remembers my destination directory correctly, but if I use the Select File menu option, select a file, Browse to set a destination location for the converted file, then return to the Select File menu, it has now changed its notion of current directory to the destination file directory. Oddly enough, if I then navigate back to my source directory, select a file, and then go to Browse to set a destination location, that destination location is still where the last destination was - which is the behavior I would expect. I don't think it's out of the ordinary and have a "depository" directory where only some of the files are being converted, and have to go back there multiple times to pick additional files for conversion.

They're small issues, but I thought I would write them up.