Encoding Problems

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
rtskcp

Encoding Problems

Post by rtskcp »

I am currently trying to rip a dvd from my external burner to my external hard drive, every time i get everything setup and after hitting encode it starts for about 3 seconds and says the encoding process is complete even though nothing happened. Also i am running windows vista which may or may not be the problem. Anyone know the cause of this problem?
Thanks Pat
trex

Post by trex »

I am experiencing the same problem. I'm running XP. I did not have this problem before today.
trex

Post by trex »

Try checking the DVD title selection. The dvd I was trying to burn did not have a title 1 the numbering was 2,4,6,7. Title 4 was the entire movie. Strange, but it appears to be encoding now.
Circlefusion

Post by Circlefusion »

I'm having the same problem here. WinXP. Handbreak GUI 2.25

I'm trying different variations like different chapter and title numbers and settings. Same result.

I clicked on "Tools" and "View DVD Data" and it shows me this...

------- DVD Information -------
Missing output file name. Run /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Handbrake/hbcli --help for syntax.

It seems like the GUI is using the wrong command line syntax in the backend.

I did provide a proper file name and location. I placed it in different places just to test...My Documents... the C root directory, Desktop, etc....same result.

Is this possibly a bug in the GUI for windows?
tbanks

Post by tbanks »

I am having that same problem, I also get the missing output file when i try to view dvd data. any help would be welcomed
Jazz

a little more help

Post by Jazz »

I am getting the same problem. I have tried numerous DVD's and each time it says that encoding has stopped after a short amount of time and nothing happens.

However, I do not know how to select the proper chapter that the DVD may be on.

When I open the DVD and the VIDEO_TS folder, how do I know what chapter the movie portion is on?

Thanks,
Jazz