Problems with presets

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Phototaker
Experienced

Problems with presets

Post by Phototaker »

I have 2 problems with pre-sets. The first was because some of the options I had chosen never seemed to be in the pre-set the next time I wished to use them. Even though I made choices before saving as a pre-set it never saved these options. Save as MKV,& always burn in subtitles.

Then I noticed that you had a new version so I upgraded to it but got the following error message that I don't underrstand. What do I need to do?

Unable to write to the presets file.
The details section below may indicate why this error has occured.
HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Exceptions.GeneralApplicationException: Exception of type 'HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Exceptions.GeneralApplicationException' was thrown.
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.PresetService.UpdatePresetFiles()
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.PresetService.UpdateBuiltInPresets()
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.PresetService.CheckIfPresetsAreOutOfDate()
at Handbrake.frmMain.LoadPresetPanel()
at Handbrake.frmMain..ctor(String[] args)
at Handbrake.Program.Main(String[] args)

----

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\presets.xml' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at HandBrake.ApplicationServices.Services.PresetService.UpdatePresetFiles()