No audio choice.

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
thehague

No audio choice.

Post by thehague »

Hi all! First of all: I'm a newbie who has converted his very first DVD for iPod with HandBrake GUI version 2.25. It's the "The Way Up - Live" DVD by the Pat Metheny Group. This DVD contains DTS, Dolby Surround 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo. In the audio settings of HandBrake however I can't choose, all it says is "automatic". What I end up is a file which has perfect image but only static instead of proper audio. Can someone help me on this. I'd really like to have this particular DVD on my iPod. Thanks!
thehague

Re: No audio choice.

Post by thehague »

thehague wrote:Hi all! First of all: I'm a newbie who has converted his very first DVD for iPod with HandBrake GUI version 2.25. It's the "The Way Up - Live" DVD by the Pat Metheny Group. This DVD contains DTS, Dolby Surround 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo. In the audio settings of HandBrake however I can't choose, all it says is "automatic". What I end up is a file which has perfect image but only static instead of proper audio. Can someone help me on this. I'd really like to have this particular DVD on my iPod. Thanks!
Finally, I found a workaround. What I found out is that the Stereo track turned out to be static (probably 24 bit). So what I did is this: I put the video through DVDShrink, removed all audio except for the Dolby Surround 5.1. The result went to my hd. Then I put it through HandBrake. Now it's playing fine on my iPod. I hope some others will benefit from this.