Having Trouble Getting Videos Coverted

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Lookingforanswers

Having Trouble Getting Videos Coverted

Post by Lookingforanswers »

I have read your documents and followed step by step instructions untill I get to the part "Next, hit the button labeled “Read Disc”. A message should come up, and you will hear your DVD drive churning away as it reads the information on your DVD."
I don't think the newest version has this option. I have version 2.25.
Altough I did spend many hours tring to figure out the new version on my on by reading the forums, I still have no luck. I got all of the fields and settings correct for example:
Source: F:\VIDEO_TS
Presets: Ipod(1.33)
Destination: D:\Videos For iPod\ConvertedVideos\MPEG4
(example is just a file I made up.)
Encoder: H.264 (iPod) or Mpeg 4
(either one dosen't matter still the same outcome)

After this I get "The Handbreak Encoder will now start............." window.
And then I get " Status: The Encoding Process Has Ended" window. This only takes a few seconds.
I then open iTunes, latest version, and choose the, add file to library option. And I only get the introduction of the DVD (example: companys name who produced the DVD). It is a small file.
I think that I'm close to getting it, I'm just alittle confused about the difference between the directions and software options.
I am running Windows Vista. Thanks for any help.
Lookingforanswers

Found my problem

Post by Lookingforanswers »

Thanks to the forum and people that post, I resolved my prroblem. It was the DVD that I was tring to convert.

Note: If your having problems, try a different DVD.

I'm sure that that was in the documents somewhere and I just missed it.

Oh well! Good Luck to everyone! Thanks to the person who is responsible for this site. I plan on having fun with this! :D